Here are a couple things you need to know for Mrs. Stafford’s Kindergarten classroom.
1. Behavior is handled in a positive manner. Students are rewarded for making good choices with their behavior. Each child begins the day on- “Good little Inidian.” Students will be warned if a rule is broken. If the behavior continues, the student will move their clip to the next color. Documentation of your child’s behavior will be sent home daily on their behavior sheet. CLASS RULES: Be a good friend. Be a good listener. Be a good worker. Use nice words to tell your feelings.
2. Our class will go to the library once a week. Our library day is Wednesday. Your child will be able to check one book out at a time. There are open library times if your child needs a new book before our class goes again. Books will need to be returned on time so that new ones may be checked out each week.
3. We have 30 minutes for lunch. Please feel free to join your child for lunch.
4. Daily binders will be sent home Monday-Friday. Please check for notes sent from school. If you need to send a note, place it in the folder. I check the folders each day.
5. HOMEWORK: Please practice letters and letter sounds with your child a few minutes every night. Also begin counting with your child and see how far they can count. But the most important activity you can do each night is READ to your child. This is the best way to teach your how to read and to love to read!
6. SNACKS: Be sure to check your child's C.A.M.P. Notebook each month for the snack calendar. You will be asked to bring snacks once a month for the whole class (22 students). Please refer to the suggested snack list that was in the purple folder at "Meet the Teacher" night. We do have some students with allergies to nuts, so please DO NOT send any food items with peanuts, peanut butter or any kinds of nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc). If for some reason you are unable to provide snacks, please just let me know and I will be happy to take care of snacks that day!
I am looking forward to working with your child this school year. I know it is going to be a fantastic year!
Please feel free to call or email any questions or concerns. If you would like to come in for a conference, please call and make an appointment. My extension is 4633.