My name is Kristin Ancelet and I am a first grade teacher at Van Buren Elementary. This is my tenth year of teaching! I love teaching at Van Buren Elementary; I also attended Van Buren Elementary for K-3rd grade! I graduated from Port Neches-Groves High School in 2008 then attended Lamar University where I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies certified Early Childhood through 6th grade in December 2012. I obtained a second certification in EC-12th ESL (English as a second language) classroom instruction. I graduated in December 2017 with a Master's Degree in Teacher Leadership from Lamar University! I am also a certified principal!
You may contact me at 409-962-6511 EXT #8103, message through Remind101 or email me at email@example.com
I have been married for eight years to Jordan and we have two sons, Jase who will be five in October and Kasen who will be two in March! They have a fur sister lab named Sadie Mae who is seven! We love to spend time outdoors as a family whether it's at the lake or at the beach.
♦Remind 101♦--I use this as a daily communication tool please sign up!!
To receive messages through text messaging:
Send a new text message to this number: 81010
In the message window, type: @kancelet
When you sign up please put your first and last name and your child's name! EXAMPLE: Kristin Ancelet (Jase's Mom).
Please do not label your child's school supplies except for their school box. If possible, please bring all supplies to Meet the Teacher.
♦10 Things You Didn't Know About Mrs. Ancelet♦
1. I went to Van Buren from Kindergarten through 3rd grade.
2. I teach in the classroom next door to where I was in first grade.
3. I love anything and everything that has to do with Junie B. Jones.
4. Steel Magnolias is my favorite movie.
5. We spend most of our time outdoors as a family. We are big on fishing and hunting!
6. I was an Indianette/Officer in high school.
7. Mrs. Brashers, the 2nd grade teacher, is my cousin!
8. Mrs. Trahan, the 2nd grade teacher, is my cousin too!!
9. I LOVE football but my heart is torn between the Cowboys and Texans!
10. I love spending time at the lake (Rayburn) and the beach!
1. I will follow all school rules.
2. I will treat others respectfully.
3. I will raise my hand before speaking.
4. I will work quietly.
5. I will walk quietly in line.
6. I will return my homework.
7. I will return signed papers.
8. I will write my name on my paper.
9. I will be on my best behavior out of the class.
10. I will always do my best and set a good example for others to follow.
Work: 962-6511 EXT 8103 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Remind 101: Text @kancelet to 81010
Mrs. Ancelet's Class Schedule
School doors open at 7:15
7:45 School Begins
7:50 Tardy Bell Rings
10:10-11:10 SAT Time
12:30-1:30 Music/PE (Conference)
Wednesday-Computer Lab 1:40-2:10