• Port Neches Elementary was built in the early 1950s and dedicated in 1955. It originally consisted of several small offices, a cafeteria ,an auditorium, and 9 classrooms. It housed grades 1-6, just like the other school in the city, Woodcrest Elementary. The building has had a series of wonderful principals over the past years. They include Lewis Ford, Walter Gimon, Charles Riley, Ray McCuller, Billy Curl,  Amy Gil, and presently Kimberly Carter.

    The city of Port Neches, like the rest of the country, experienced its own baby boom after World War II. To meet the needs of its citizens, additions were made to the original building. A wing of classrooms was added to the building. Then a modern library, better known as the Learning Resource Center, was built. In the early 1990's, more classrooms, including a state of the art science lab was constructed.

    We now house all the fourth and fifth grade students in the city of Port Neches. The classes and services continue to change to meet the needs of the modern student in the 21st century. As always, the goal of the school and staff has been to educate the young people of Port Neches.