Join our Remind!!!
I invite you to work on two goals with me this year:
- To become a life-long reader
- To use dignity and respect in problem-solving
Also, please join our class Remind and Google Classroom so that we can communicate this school year.
- Join REMIND: ELAR 6th @6bac96d
- Join Google Classroom: ELAR 6th Class code: Kwcjxso
- Join REMIND: ELAR 7th @43669a
- Join Google Classroom: ELAR 7th Class code: rmwvaqg
- Join REMIND: ELAR 8th @3gkdcf
- Join Google Classroom: ELAR 8th Class code: k5jbbxx
Our Graded work includes:
- Daily Work weekly grades include: Daily Work in class, a Homework grade, Quiz grade.
- Major Grade includes: Unit Tests, Writing Product grades, and a Project Grade.
- I follow PNG ISD grading policies very strictly and I am commited to "truth in grading". Students' homework will be accepted one day late for a 70, if all work is correct. Please refer to the handbook should questions arise.
- All Accomodations are provided per IEP guidelines. "Extra time" accomodation is provided in the form of full credit (100) for "same day" or "same week" as peers submissions, depending on the IEP wording. It does NOT mean a student has 6 weeks to turn in one task. Feel free to contact me should additional concerns arise.
- All students are welcomed to attend tutoring sessions Monday-Thursday mornings from 7:45AM -8:30AM.
- Please make sure that your current email is listed on Skyward. I send emails to Parents/Guardians on a regular basis.
- Pencils must be provided by parents for each student. I recommend two #2 lead pencils in your child's backpack on a daily basis.
- A 3-ring Binder.
- Notebook paper.
- One notebook.
- You will NOT be required to purchase any textbooks or books. I will provide the reading material in my classroom.
- One pair of headsets or earbuds